CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

the skinner

today around lunch time I was in our dinning room...like duh...Ricky and I were about to sit down to eat when my sis, who was by the window, told us she saw a "big snake"...hunger felt me in a flash...I love catching snakes and the like...so Ricky and I rush outside and see it...wasn't that big but bigger then most we've seen here... we started chasing it around a bit but it was in my mom's plants, going behind the shed and tools, and going into the longer grass.... so it was kinda hard..anyhow..Ricky had this fat stick we have and he saw the snake come into the open so he took his shot and...SLAT!!!...didn't kill it but cut it's side open so that the insides weren't inside anymore...so now that it was hurt it wasn't hard to catch anymore...I got some gloves and rags and picked it up...then we found out that is wasn't a poisonous but we could let it go cuz it was half dead already so I took the machete and in one quick swing...it was in snaky heaven ...normally I throw the body away but this was the biggest snake that I had...dead...and I always wanted to have the skin of a snake...like my bro once had, so I got out my knife and set to work, with the help of my bro Kev to hold the thing still....the nerves were still alive so it was still moving as u know.
well in, I don't know how long but not to quick we had the thing skinned..to be frank I honestly had thoughts of cooking the meat and eating it but I didn't have anyone to do this crazy thing with me so I chickened out.....to the kids it was a science class, I had all the kids around me watching and there was a none stop commentary "ow look the heart is still beating" and "whats that part of it's body for" and so on.
sadly I didn't take any pix of this lovely event...not one had a cam handy and my batteries died on us so we did take any....
however I can now....the skin is all salted now and on a board and dried now...this all happened this morning so it had plenty of time in the sun..so maybe well I get my batteries charged I'll take a pic or 2..I think I'm gonna try and take one as close looking as the one my bro took 8 yr's ago...his snake is cooler though too..it was a rattler anyhow...thats my story for today...

1 comments:

Julzz Rolaa said...

ur soooo crazy....:))
ull be disapointed to hear that here the only snakes u find are grasssnakes, and thats not even in this area! awww....but ull still love it here...i mean ill gladly be eaten by u;)