CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

catch of the day

ok so everything was going normal this morning...till after Devo. Ethan came running up stair and said that the dogs were fighting a raccoon, so Kev and I went charging down stairs to see it. My dad said he didn't want us to shoot is so we just looked at it for a while...it got boreing cuz it wasn't comeing down with both dogs sitting around the tree waiting for it.. Later Jeremy can out side and looked at it then went and got the beebee gun and started to shoot at it, not hard but enought to scare it down the tree, but it run under Ricky,Rosie and my trailer and wouldn't come out for the life of it...we tried pretty much everything we could think of, short of killing it wich we couldn't.
So Ricky got this idea to try and put lasso on a stick and rope it....kinda like what Steve did to the crocs, anyhow..he tired it a few time but it didn't work, so they stopped cuz Ricky had to help Rosie with the kids.
I was coming down stair when I saw the raccoon stick it's head out from under the trailer for a lil...Ricky lasso was on the floor by it. And thats when it hit me...the reason the raccoon was in our yard in the first place was cause we had dogs, and the dogs had dog food and the raccoons loved the dog food. so I went over and got 2 handfuls of dog food, set the lasso on the ground and out the food right outside the loop..and then waited. I have to give it to him, it wasn't stupid, and if it wasn't hungry I bet it would have never fallen for this, he kept looking at me then the food then back..walked away then came back..I sat there for about 15 minutes just holding the string,waiting.
finally I guess it couldn't take it anymore and it came out, I had to wait for it's foot to be right in the middle...and when it did I had to move fast before Dasha, our dog saw it and tried to catch it...so finally he put his foot in the middle of the loop and I "lunged" and so did it.
At first I thought I missed it by the way it jumped but then I felt that the rope was tight and sure enough it was rapped around it's right leg.
I gave it over to Ricky while I went to find out what to do with it...we found out that it had hurt it's leg sometime. Rosie said the dogs and it had been fighting most of the night, and I saw the dogs bight it a few times. Rosie said it would probably be best to kill it, but when I asked my dad he still said to let it go. We dragged it over to the edge of the woods and loosened the rope and it pulled it off it's leg and run up the nearest tree, where it's still sitting. We had to hold Dasha down cause she really wanted to attack it. she was bouncing around and barking so much she started foaming. some of the girls thought it might have gotten rabies . but obviously she didn't or she would have bit me when I grabber her.
Ricky and I think it's probably dieing up in the tree, some think it's sleeping but weir not sure.
Ricky walkin/dragging the raccoon the the woods

0 comments: