CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

picnic and after party

well yesterday was, as u all know, the 40th Family birthday...yay...so what happened, at least on my end of the world, was all the homes got together and had this huge picnic at a park, at first I wasn't all up in the air about the whole thing, I had to get up earlier then I wanted to and I wasn't gonna be able to call my friend in Germany, which is something I look forward to doing every week...but in the end it was....not so bad...
at the park I played volleyball...my team didn't win but we had fun and thats what matters, right?...

later we had this huge inspiration in the park and it was quite cool...I didn't really go jumping around like monkeys like some of the other guys, but I did do "my part" by playing bongo's and the table, if anyone heard me over the 5 or 6 guitars I have no clue...but it was still fun to do...even if my hands could have lite a fire after...lol...
well when it started getting dark we were invited to go to one of the home for the "after party" and first we....(we = Anj and I) weren't gonna go cuz we only had one car and the kids needed to get home...then I we found and ride but I was gonna only go cuz anj needed to have "mommy time" with her sons....in the end, however, we all went...Anj, me, ethan, and kaden....
when we got to the home it was many just chilling going on...small groups of ppl in different parts of the house and u could walk around and find a conversation u liked and join it.....I guess I was a hopper...never spent to much time in one place.....
I took Kaden on a walk to try and put him to bed but he was crying to much, and I was cold....so that didn't work...
After more ppl showed up me and some of the guys, and 2 of the girls, started a game of Texas hold'm...
and if ur thinking it was a sausage fest ur right...it was....
I had never played that game before so needless to say, I lost pretty fast.
oh and yes there were drinks..I had a whole bottle of root bear to myself...I don't like the taste of beer u see...
After we finished Texas hold'm we played this game called spoons, and yes we used spoons...

I had never heard of this one either, but it was a piece of cake to pick up and was a ton of fun once u really get into it...the first game this guy, David, lost so we chose that he had to run into the next room, where the dancing was going on, and start dancing really crazy...he did and it was supper funny cuz the other ppl didn't have a clue what or why he was doing it for....we lost him to dancing after that though...
However he was replaced with quite a few more ppl...now the more ppl u have playing the wilder it get and it got wild at times...like once Devin and I we on the floor wrestling over a spoon, throwing chair outta the way, having a great time but both dead on having that spoon....he got it in the end...and sadly this was the game I lost...it was a super close run...me and 2 others we one letter away from losing...but I was the unlucky one I guess...it was quite funny cause it took the others about 10 minutes to finally figure something out for me to get...the were like "John......ya" and said like "so ur 18....." like 7 times or something like that...in the end what they came down to was pouring ice down my pants but with me, and the kind of pants I ware, it went right through, so it wasn't that bad...
After that things started to die down a bit, ppl started leaving, and everyone just sat around and gave/got back massages, or just talked, or played air hockey...
It wasn't till 2am that the last of the ppl left, "my group" was spending the night so we didn't count...and thats pretty much how it went....
but yeah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoons?? you guys played spoons? haha.....you learned that one from us didnt...?
Mel

Maltese King said...

I don't remember..I thought I had never played it before...but ya we did and it was fun

Boo ya said...

hey is that summer and david? what were they doing there? anyways u look good john i like that pic high five. :D

Maltese King said...

yeah it's them, they both live up here now...for the time being I think